1. What is the title of your newest book or short story? What’s it about? Where can readers find it?
2. What’s your favorite part of writing a new book or story? What do you like the least?
The world building is my absolute favorite part! Starting a new chapter. It always feels like starting a new book and can be overwhelming at times.
3. Where can readers find you on social media? (Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Library Thing, Redd It, etc.)
4. Who are your favorite fictional characters—your own, and from other books, TV shows and movies?
Of my own, it’s hands down Morrigann, the faerie prince, from my War of the Seasons trilogy. He’s charming and awful and such a delight to write! From everywhere else, I adore Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice, Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables (these two fierce ladies have always been role models for me), and currently on TV, Lieutenant Mills in Sleepy Hollow is definitely a fav of mine. She is AWESOME.
5. Was there a book you read in your childhood or teen years that changed your world? Tell us which book and how it made a difference for you.
The Chronicles of Narnia. I was so sad when I read The Last Battle. There was nothing else, but I craved it so badly. This was before the internet and well before I had any sort of access to fanfic, so I daydreamed and imagined myself in Narnia, and came up with new and exciting adventures for me and Penvansies. It was the first time my imagination was truly engaged, and you can see a lot of Narnian influence in my War of the Seasons novels and short stories.
Athena’s Daughters is a collection of short fiction from some of the best female science fiction and fantasy authors in the industry, published by Silence in the Library Publishing. This anthology features stories written by women about women. I’m also incredibly excited to have an introduction to the anthology by retired astronaut and Space Shuttle Commander Pam Melroy. A portion of every book sold will go to RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization.
Athena’s Daughters is a Kickstarter-funded project, which means readers like you bring it to life. Your contribution not only helps to create the book, but you can receive awesome rewards for participating. Become a part of the Athena’s Daughter’s journey by visiting https://tinyurl.com/athenasD